I am thrilled to have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Elsie Hagley (aka Kiwinana). Elsie lives in one of my favourite countries, New Zealand. She hosts a weekly poetry challenge and loves gardening and all things nature. You can find out more about her here.
Thank you, Elsie. I truly appreciate the nomination and you have made the sun shine for me today.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers who are positive and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
• Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
• Answer the questions sent by the person who nominated you.
• Nominate new blogs to receive the award and write them new questions.
• List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
Elsie’s Questions For Me:
1. What inspires you to write?
Anything and everything! I am a curious and observant person and feel that I have a vast smorgasbord of inspiration from my everyday life and travels. I often use prompts and challenges to help focus my thoughts and creativity. Otherwise, I have trouble reining in my imagination and don’t know where to begin.
2. How many times a week do you post a blog?
Ideally, I would love to write everyday. But, since I am a teacher and have many other demands on my time, I write 3-4 times a week and if I can’t write, participate in photo challenges instead.
3. How would you describe your blogging style?
Eclectic! I never know what I’m going to come up with, and often, my posts almost write themselves – “stream of consciousness” style. I love writing short stories (and always have), but recently, I have also enjoyed experimenting with a range of new poetry types. In fact, Elsie introduced me to the Tanka and it is a form I really love writing.
4. Have you ever thought about quitting blogging?
I have quit before, with my old blog, Person In The Mirror. It ran its natural course and I no longer needed the cathartic purpose it served dealing with a range of personal issues. I can’t imagine quitting By Sarah – it gives me so much in return and though I may take breaks here and there, it has become an integral part of my life.
5. Where do you want to be five years from now?
Hmmm, tough question! Aside from still being happy, healthy and madly in love with my wonderful man and dogs, probably still here in Wangaratta, north east Victoria! It’s an amazing part of the world. In terms of my career, I am hoping to be in a principal class role, somewhere in the area.
I plan on teaching for maybe another 10 years and then dream of escaping to a sleepy beachside town with my hubby, where we will relax and work “lifestyle” jobs…perhaps at a cellar door, or local cafe. So saving lots of money over the next five years will be key to achieving our long term goal.
There is never any obligation with my nominations. If you can’t participate for any reason, please accept this as a gesture of my appreciation.
I don’t nominate specific blogs, as many are award free or have limited time to participate. If you want to spread the sunshine, consider yourself nominated and join in the fun. I’d love to hear your responses to my questions below
1. I’ve always viewed people as colours (I’m a weirdo, I know!) So…if you were a colour, what would you be and why?
2. What do you do when you aren’t working on your blog?
3. Everyone has a favourite/least favourite post. Name yours and why.
4. Who are some bloggers you look up to or admire?
5. What is your favourite quote/saying and why?
Please share a link to your “SUNSHINE AWARD” post in the reply section below so that other people can visit your site and check out your answers. Also, please visit Elsie’s blog “Ramblings Of A Writer“. You won’t be disappointed!