Someday, this will
be over. Still
(like some) half-felt.
their hand’s been dealt.
of life withheld.
So many ’til,
the final kill.
Sad total bill,
its trophy pelt.
A lesson learned,
as tides are turned.
‘Til next time burned,
By Sarah ©2020
Mindlovemisery’s Menagerie, First Line Friday, May 22nd 2020; and also, Saturday Mix – Lucky Dip, 16 May 2020
Author’s Note: This poem was inspired by the COVID-19 Pandemic, in hope we will never forget, and learn from this experience, in preparedness for next time. A warning we need to heed. The poetry form is one I have never used before – Rhupunt.
Rhupunt is a Welsh poetry form. Here are the guidelines:
▪ The form can be broken down into lines or stanzas
▪ Each line or stanza contains 3 to 5 sections
▪ Each section has 4 syllables
▪ All but the final section rhyme with each other
▪ The final section of each line or stanza rhymes with the final section of the other lines or stanzas