Thank you, to my blogger friend, Elsie Hagley – Ramblings of a Writer, for nominating me for this award. I really enjoy participating in her weekly Tanka challenges, and she has an interesting site with a wide range of posts from Tanka, cooking, short stories and more. I always look forward to seeing her work in my WordPress Reader!
How did my blog start?
I started this blog in late April 2017. I previously had a different blog that helped me through a difficult time in my life, a few years ago. I have since ‘retired’ that one and By Sarah explores my more creative side. I absolutely LOVE writing – always have, always will 😃
My advice for new bloggers is:
1. Write what you know. Capturing a small moment in time can sometimes produce the best piece of writing! Also, go with the flow….literally. Don’t overthink your posts or prompts. Go with it and see where it leads.
2. Find like minded people. Better to have fewer followers and likes, from those who ‘get’ and appreciate your efforts! Quality not quantity as they say.
I would like to nominate:
Bushboy’s World – an amazing photographer. Stunning flora and fauna and other fascinating subjects as well as quirky anecdotes. Someone I have enjoyed getting to know in the WordPress world.
Life on the Skinny Branches – besides my absolute love of this site’s name, Margaret is a beautiful writer and I have connected with many of her pieces, on frequent occasions. Always an interesting read.
There is never any obligation with my nominations, just sharing great and new blogs with my readers.
If you’re unable to participate for any reason, please accept this as a gesture of my appreciation.
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select (up to 15) other bloggers for this award.
6. Comment on each blog to let them know you nominated them and provide a link to to the post you created.